RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 22:10:34 PDT
From:
Anju Sidana <[log in to unmask]>
Thanks for the link Jo. Things said by Jo and Carol:

Jo said:
The literature on the farms I'm checking out describe theconditions
in which their animals are raised. Chickens are typically keptin
portable pens that are moved daily in organically-certifiedfields
where they have access to sunshine and food that suits them. Of
course they're confined and can't run around freely but it beats the
dark crammed cages found in the typical commercial operation.

Me:
Do you know if they are let out in these fields or are they just given
different view every day?  I think cages are cages and depriving an
animal
of its freedom is just disgusting.  Especially in the case of a cage
where
the animal must live without ANY type of stimulation, ever,
ughhhhhhhh! That
is not "living" in any sense of the word.

Carol wrote:
>stressful.  But "stress" is such a bland word, one we associate with a
>bad day at the office or heavy traffic.  When talking about some forms
>of slaughter, perhaps "torture" would get the idea across a bit better.

I agree, and would like to know if organically raised animals are
required
to be slaughtered in a some sort of established humane way? Does
anyone
know?  Thanks...

Anju