RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 07:05:39 -0800
Carol wrote:

>  Another possibility is making your underarms less bacteria-friendly
>  by altering the pH.  You could try rinsing, after bathing, with water
>  that has been acidified with ascorbic acid.  Just how acidic to make
>  it is up to you.  OR, you could dust your underarms with baking soda.
>  Not only would that make the environment alkaline, but baking soda is
>  rumored to absorb odors, so maybe it could do double duty.

Gerry replied:

> Baking Soda contains aluminum, if I recall, which is linked with Alzheimer's,
> and when applied to the armpits, could permeate and get into the lymph system.

Isn't baking powder, not baking soda, the one with aluminum?

> That area is designed as it is to allow release of perspiration and toxins.
> Blocking it with anything would seem anti constructive.;-)

The idea wasn't to block anything (though I certainly admit that it
could be an unintended result -- I don't know).  I was thinking more
of what to do to make the sweat, after it has freely exited, less
appealing to the resident bacteria.

Carol