NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:25:40 -0500
>> Does anyone have a child who out grew a milk allergy? I keep hearing she
>> may out grow it but I don't know whether to believe it or not.

I grew out of a milk allergy: hives as a very young child, no problems
later.
On the other hand, with two kids with milk problems I cut my milk intake WAY
down.  Even though I never thought I had a problem, it's amazing how much
better I feel!   Less congestion, less tiredness etc.  Seems like the safest
thing to do is to assume you're in for the long haul.

Once you start shopping for milk-free cooking you'll get used to it.
Cooking at home will be a lot less effort in a few months than it is now.

Lisa