RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 09:17:54 -0700
After the criticism on this list of Nazariah (Rev. David Owen) =
concerning his endorsement of David Wolfe's new book, I contacted the
minister about this and he told me that he was told that one of the
three
authors, not Wolfe or Arlin, but "the other guy," submitted some
material
from his grandfather's book, and that Wolfe was not aware the other
guy
had not written it himself.  Nazariah also said the book is very good,
that Wolfe has been bringing lots more people into the raw food
movement
than anyone else has, and that he (Nazariah) is generally rather kind
and
liberal in his praise when asked to write a reaction to a book.

Whether he was given accurate information is perhaps debatable, but I
don't see any basis for condemning the reverend or his church based on
what information he was given.  It was stated by someone (Tom, I
think)
that the raw community is small, and word gets around quickly, but
bear
in mind that not everyone reads the raw-food list and/or has studied
in
detail the passages and other commentary that was submitted.  What
others
hear is not necessarily the same as what we hear.

Mark