RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 10:45:47 -0400
Hi Lance,

> How does one avoid too much sugar in a raw diet then?  It seems to me that
> fruit is half of the raw food available, vegetables being the other half.

Cut back on the fruit, and add raw meat or other animal protein
(although
I usually lightly-cook my meat, and eat eggs with raw yolks and cooked
whites).

> Some people hypothesize that the reason I get fatigued (I am chronically
> fatigued) is because the sugar throws things off balance.  But when I eat
> anything more, I simply get fatigued earlier.  Does anyone have any new
> ideas?  I open to trying them.

It makes sense to me. I used to have terrible problems with fruit
(partly
due to a yeast overgrowth that is now gone), but even now fruit
increases
fatigue a bit unless it is a small amount. Balancing the blood sugar
by
having 2 or 3 (animal) protein meals daily has helped me.

You might be interested in my page. You can follow the link to my
'What I
Eat' page, and also a page I just put up on my recovery (personal
symptom
profile, and cures or improvements to date of my problems) from a
'chronic
fatigue syndrome':

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/preynolds/had_1.htm

Paul ([log in to unmask])