RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 22:20:06 -0700
In the book Blatant Raw Foodist Propaganda there is a letter from a
Darlene Evans who says she is living on a diet of 100% fruit.  She
says
her love of dates kept her from perishing in the cold.  To maintain
body
temperature, she says, 10% of the diet in summer and 40% in winter
should
be dried fruit.

As one who is having trouble staying as warm as I would like even in
the
springtime, I would be interested in any reactions to her statement.
My
first reaction is that if you need dried fruits to "keep from
perishing"
there must be something wrong with the diet.  100% fruit sounds pretty
radical to me.  But if eating more dried fruits will keep me warmer,
I'd
be willing to give it a try.

Mark