RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:31:02 -0700
Liza was belatedly invited over for another bowl of chum:
| because my female intuition tells me that within the answers to these
| simple questions lies the real reason you are battling for the nfl.

The sign above Jo's Garage now reads "Jo's House of Chum":
Like I said before, I'm not loading my photon torpedoes for anyone. I
prefer to get along with everyone though, I'll admit that much. And I walk
away when attacked or protect myself if I'm cornered. But why go through
life waving the one-finger salute making enemies left and right? Been
there, done that. It just ain't worth it. Drags you down, man. Cuts.
Bruises. Chipped teeth. Anyways, I guess you'll just have to take my word
for it. You know nothing about me aside from several ASCII text files; I'm
in no position to prove anything to you. I'm not inclined to do so either.

| I'll try another
| attempt at asking for the answers to those two questions.

Liza, are you asking and telling me the answers at the same time (your
quoted paragraphs below)? In journalism, this is known as "telling someone
the question." I'm sorry I was too busy to respond more promptly to your
earlier post. You probably thought I was ignoring you. Anyways, let me
handle your "queries."

| I'm thinking you really like the nfl guys - just plain old-fashioned
| like them. That would explain why you're trying to make other people
| like them. I'd do exactly the same thing for my friends, or even for
| people I liked from a distance, and thought about maybe having as
| friends.

My previous response to your two questions explained how I feel about NFL.

I've never, ever tried to promote them. Nor incited hatred against them
(maybe this is what irks other list members; WHAT you don't hate Hitler?
How dare you not!). I HAVE touted the Macintosh platform because they're
way cool and a lot of fun to use and the Woz is BAD (the foaming at the
mouth starts) and the Wintel platform is the PERFECT example of consumer
apathy cavorting with mediocrity (Jo gets on the blower and orders several
more buckets in anticipation of an increase in the number of Wintel diners
patronizing his fine eatery which will be reviewed in the February 99 issue
of Modern Kahuna Journal).

| I'm also willing to bet that you are eating (or trying to eat) (or
| believing that it is generally healthier for people to eat) a raw, or
| fruitarian, nfl-type diet. And THAT would explain why you're trying to
| get other raw vegan fruitarian types, of a similar mindset,
| particularly  real outspoken and convincing ones like nfl, over here to
| talk up that way of eating.

I fail to see how my diet is connected with this perceived agenda to
infiltrate this list with those of a similar mindset. I eat all raw for
stretches at a time but these days overall I reckon I'm 75-80% raw. No RAF
but the option is open. Every once in a while, nuts and seeds. Cooked
tubers, lentils. I like fruits. I like greens. I like Green Eggs and Ham
(the book) and Levis Jeans. So where does that leave me???? Fer sure I
wouldn't make it thru Boot Camp NFL. And I refuse to subscribe to the trap
of chasing that 100% raw Holy Grail because, for ME, this obsession can
take so much away from other groovy things about me and my life (ie. I am
NOT what I eat). If it (100%) happens fine, if not, fine. My focus is on
what I do with my time and how I feel about it.

The only consolation I secure from spending time typing these posts
(recently) is that any writing is better than no writing (you look at this
catterwholling and wonder how this is so, but if I'm on a roll on my
writing projects, you won't hear a peep out of me on this list or elsewhere
for that matter).

If fruitarians, raw vegans or Jovians want to participate in this list,
cool, (Jean-Louis, how do you say "whatever turns you on" en Français?) but
I'd expect them to respect and adhere to the guidelines set forth. In that
regard, I ain't no different than anybody else, man.

So, I hope you weren't going to place a wager on your Hummer ATV.

Let me know if you have other concerns, but you too, Ms. May, shall we take
this dance out onto the balcony for a bit of fresh air? (my quads are
responding well to ashtanga yoga)