RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Roy Holman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 22:43:39 EDT
Hi Taylor and friends,

In a message dated 9/29/98, you wrote:

<<I have just found out my boyfriend has genital herpes. Does anybody know
of any way to get rid of this, using nutrition or alternative medicine
or herbs? He is just about to complete his residency and will be a
physician in January, so he knows about what traditional medicine says
(can't do anything about it). If I get it, it can get passed to my
babies during birth, I've heard. HELP!!

 Taylor,

I know several people with herpes.  While the bad news is that they can be
very uncomfortable, and quite painful, they do tend to go into remission -
with less frequent outbreaks as time goes on.  This is especially true if we
lower the overall stress levels in our lives, and do what it sounds like you
are doing - eating healthy foods and basically living a more sane lifestyle.

In this sense herpes can be a sort of "gift" (though a challenging and painful
one!)  They can tell us when we are out of balance.  One friend totally
eliminated them when he no longer "needed" them.  He believes that once he
began learning how to relate to women in a more mature, responsible way, and
let go of earlier sexual "guilt", they spontaneously disappeared.  Another
friend learned how to use the spiritual Kundalini energy / meditation to
simply clean them out of the spinal area.  Mary Ellen Flora has a great book
on Kundalini:  www.c-d-m.org, or (425) 258-1449

Most importantly, keep the faith.  Our capacity to heal, and learn, and grow
is limitless.

Best of luck,

Roy