RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 08:51:21 -0800
thanks for your post, Jean-Louis! It is easy to make claims like
"high sugar implies high mineral content", or "fruit is the ideal food",
and other assertions, but it is hard work to go and dig up the data
to disprove base-less claims that are made with ease. That is why
there is so much nonsense in rawism; it is hard work to debunk the
bogus claims. (Indeed, there are so-called "fruitarian experts" who
specialize in crank science, and even an e-mail forum devoted to crank
science claims about raw/fruit diets).

Note to Rex - I don't consider you to be a crank. My comments above
are on the prevalence of crank science, and the lack of real scientific
proof, for many of the common myths of rawism.

Regards,
Tom Billings