RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Catherine L. Cox" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:54:48 -0400
Peter,

>The question we have to ask ourselves is: If it was proven tomorrow beyond
>any shadow of a doubt that diet - no matter which - has no impact on health
>or longevity whatsoever, how would we feel about ourselves - how would we
>react?

A very long time ago, when I was about 10 years old, my mother sent me to
Kentucky Fried Chicken to pickup some dinner.  When I came home with the
dinner, I told her that I didn't want any of it because I just didn't like
the idea of eating meat.  She asked me, where did you hear about
vegetarianism and if I was one that would include dairy and eggs in my diet?
I  had never heard of the word "vegetarianism", but just knew that I didn't
find meat enjoyable or desiring to eat.

Now, I was only in elementary school and had no intellectual basis for such
a decision.  Therefore, I have partaken of my share of the SAD, but have
naturally stayed away from a diet that consisted of regular a regular
consumption of meat. This is just naturally me, going along with what my
body tells me it wants.

So to answer your question, I wouldn't change a thing.  However, as you are
aware, since joining this list, I have had the discipline to let go of many
parts of the SAD that didn't involve meat, like tea and sweets.  Those were
intellectual decisions based on facts that I have learned.  The no-meat
thing for me came by instinct.  So my diet isn't involved in any way in my
self-worth.  My life isn't lived for the sake of what I eat;  I want to
learn to eat in a  way that I may live out my life to its fullest and serve
the purpose for which I was put here on earth.

At risk of being redundant, I appreciate you and the others who keep this
list running, for it has been of great service for me (in spite of the small
termoils from within).

Blessings and Good Health,

Cathy