From:
Qian Jun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 19:44:59 -0800
Safi H. Newman wrote:

> CDROM finally functioned with both audio and data. At least it does in
> Windows: at the C prompt (not within windows) it gives me invalid drive
> specification. Device Mgr says it is functioning fine, and if I open a DOS
> window, I can switch to the CDROM. *However* the CDROM does *not* show up
> in My Computer, in Explorer, nor can I browse to it from the Run line (I
> can however type the Drive letter in and it will run that way). On the
> other hand, Dr Solomon sees it fine when I go to scan my drive. Have
> checked and all the connections are firm.

Have you loaded the CD-ROM driver for DOS?

I think you should check your device manager first.  If there is nothing
wrong, you may have problem in Win95 registry.  I have fixed a CD-ROM
problem which seem nothing wrong but it just didn't work correctly, I
had tried every possible way (with someone who has worked 35 year in IT)
to solve it but no use, after I reinstall Win 95, every thing is ok.

I know you can hide your HDD in Win95 (can't see it, but can use it),
but I don't know it can be done to CD-ROM or not.  I guess WinHacker or
Regclean may fix you problem.