From:
Alan Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 05:24:32 -0600
* Ben Balzer ([log in to unmask]) [991005 07:45]:
* Subject: Re: [P-F] Pototoes:

I've always been amazed at how easy it is for people
to rationalize virtually anything.

Forgive me but if I would have said the subjects gained
weight (which seems to happen when they don't eat the
skins), what would you have said then?

How about the fact that people, myself included, that
have eaten large quantities of potatos (both raw and
cooked), sometimes with nothing else, have not lost
weight, and have had no shortage of energy.  How does
that confirm this "potatos are bad" dogma?

BTW, no, these people supposedly got healthy while ON
the potatos diet, not after.  They were looking for a
diet that would help them lose their excess weight, and
conventional wisdom said that one could never lose weight
by eating potatos.  Much to everyone's surprise, when
they ate potatos with the skins (i.e., a whole food) the
potato diet was quite successful at returning them to
normal weight and good health.

--alan