BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:16:32 EST
In a message dated 3/23/99 5:35:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Didn't mean offense regarding the spelling.....thanks for your good work.

No offense taken. I simply feel obligated to defend those who would feel
inhibited from expressing themselves on BP due to self-consciousness over
spelling or coherent sentence construction. I'd rather see people weighing in
their ideas and the passion of their convictions and experience than obsessing
over the form of the expression. Granted that education implies literacy, but
knowledge and experience do not. I know several highly educated individuals
that are incredibly terrible spellers and cannot write a coherent sentence. I
would rather not see that we lose on the knowledge and experience for want of
an attractive facade. It would be a sad condition if we were only able to pass
bull over what we can spell. At heart I am a terrible, terrible speller and if
it were not for the desire to appear more than I am I would always spell
improperly. Beside all, I really enjoy playing with the crude constructions
that show up on BP.

][<en