RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 04:03:53 EST
From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Roberto,

Something else:  I have a raw food friend who was very cold on raw foods
the first year, but then after that she warmed up.  (She eats other raw
foods besides fruit though.)  She used to wear sweaters in the summer.  I
hear that it is a not so uncommon phase that some people go through
switching to raw foods, but it seems that for you this has lasted a much
longer time.

Sometimes people who have eaten too much fruit for too long a time find
it difficult to digest other foods.  This may be your case.  If you could
fast for 2-3 weeks and give your liver and other organs a rest, I think
you would become able to digest starches and nuts again if you introduce
them gradually into your diet.

I hesitate to mention this, because I think you may be over the top on
fruit already, but I have always found *dried* fruit to be warming.

Do you ever do aerobic exercise?  This too warms the body.  Even just a
half hour in the morning working hard enough to make you sweat will warm
you up, and you will stay that way for a long time afterwards.

Good Luck!

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])