RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 09:05:25 -0400
From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Mark,

I understand Ehret died at quite a young age.

> the
> most important food substance, and that is grape or fruit sugar, unless he
> eats sufficient fruits."

This part is really funny. It is pretty obvious to me, based on both
science
and real person's experiences, that excess sugars of any type,
especially in
a low-protein no-animal-foods raw diet, spike blood sugar, increase
fatigue,
and promote tooth decay as well as general metabolic disturbance in
the
body. Sugars also promote overgrowth of pathogenic yeasts when the
immune
system is weak.

Really there is no single food substance that is 'most important', but
if
there was one it is certainly not fruit sugar. People can and do live
very
healthfully for a long time with zero fruit sugar; the same can't be
said
about other elements in the diet.

Paul ([log in to unmask])