RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 06:12:34 -0700
From:
> > Lynton:
> > Remember, over about 100 F it stops being "raw"
>
> Jean-Louis Tu:
> This may be true for some foods, but not all foods are equally
> heat-sensitive. Fruits are probably more damaged by 120 F than
> sunflower oil at 140 F. In fact, I don't even know if sunflower
> oil is damaged at all at that temperature.

Carol:
Personally, I wouldn't call anything so refined as to suffer no
change until 140 F a food.  Foods, by my way of thinking, should be
as unprocessed as possible, and will therefore always have a variety
of substances within them.  The likelihood that all of the substances
in a food share the same level of heat sensitivity seems remote to me,
so I seriously doubt that anything worth eating could be said to be
completely undamaged beyond around 100 F.