RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 17:26:39 -1000
Barbara:
>In the first case, it would be desirable to eat more of this food, and in
>the second, it would be best to avoid it.
>
>How do we tell the difference? Do we simply rely on prior knowledge of
>which particular foods are likely to result in each of the above
>situations? Or is there some subtle difference in the reactions that can be
>observed and used as a criterion?

If you figure this one out let us all know, eh? ;) This seems to be the
crux of the "problem" with the whole detox stuff. Instinctos would say you
should be able to smell what is being detoxed--speculative. I don't think
you really can tell with a one shot experience. I would try the offending
food at different times and eaten alone to see if the reaction repeats
itself. Further, we can feel bad for any number of reasons and combinations
of reasons. This doesn't stop me from wondering everytime if it was
something I ate. We probably blame food for too much (and, on the
otherhand, glorify its "healing properties" too much as well). Who knows?

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft