RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 16:24:56 -0700
From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Submitted to veg-raw by: [log in to unmask]

>Yes, everyone should know that rolled, or steel cut oats can not be
>considered a raw food (I have seen them recommended in a raw food
>"cookbook!), especially since rolled grains are steamed to soften them
>sufficiently for rolling flat. Thanks for your live cereal recipe!

Sandy, Many raw food eaters like to make a distinction between rolled
and steel cut oats. While rolled oats are considered too processed,
steel cut oats are often enjoyed. According to Arrowhead Mills, no heat
is generated during the processing of the steel cut oats.

Best, Peter