RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 08:16:45 -0800 (PST)
From:
Sol Lederman <[log in to unmask]>
Bob,

> Sol,

> If you're in any position to fast, it can help greatly with candida
> problems.

I'm interested in your saga and look forward to reading about your experience.
I'm also interested in other references to fasting being a good thing for
candida. The only positive references I've seen are from books where the author
believes raw foods and fasting can cure anything. I'm tending towards slow,
gradual cleansing with herbs for now.

> If you should decide to buy any of the back-issues of the M2M to go along
> with the trial copy you are about to receive, you might follow my saga.
> I've struggled with similar problems in the past.

> By the way, not all starches are bad for candida.  Yams are very low on
> the GI scale if eaten raw.

Good point about raw yams having a low GI.

> Fasting is still the best.

More data points, please.

> The high protein diet is often recommended for candida, but I feel that's
> a big mistake.  I got a tooth cavity once just from a very high protein
> diet over the period of a month.

And I got spacey from doing a 10-day juice fast once. Neither your statement
nor mine provide more than one data point of information. Please don't discount
high protein diets from your one month/tooth cavity experience. There are
plenty of good scientific reasons to be suspect of high protein.

> And the Zone diet is pretty ridiculous,
> from my point of view.

There's lots of evidence for and against the Zone. My instincts tell me that
the Zone has something to offer me for now.

The Zone is a stepping stone in my diet evolution. Please be aware that I have
greatly benefited from some of the principles of the Zone diet. I'm learning to
add fat to my diet to balance the carbs (I'm at 8% body fat and exercise 5 to 6
times per week, including some weight training so the fat, mostly almonds,
seeds, avocado and cold pressed oils, doesn't make me get fat.)

Sol