From:
Waynel Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 13:16:18 -0600

Hello listmembers,

My holiday experience was very different from Aimee's.  Because
over-vigilant friends and relatives have started eliminating foods that I
CAN eat, I'm preparing g-f information cards for the many cooks in our
family.

Education is a big part of this adventure.

It is our family's third Thanksgiving since my diagnosis and we have settled
into a comfortable routine.  Minor mistakes of little consequence regarding
gluten in food were made, however we all enjoyed the holiday.  It was much
easier this year.

Life changes generate stress, whether welcome or unwelcome, and the extended
family is affected.  Family dynamics are interesting enough without chronic
illness and holidays to add extra challenges.

Best wishes and truly happy holidays to all, Waynel (female)