From:
Donal Dunne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:26:18 -0500

     Hi,

     We went recently on holiday in Andorra with our 3 year old celiac son.
     We were advised in advance to brign all out own food for him as we
     could not expect much in the way of appreciation of his condition
     there. We advised the travel agent of his condition before we left.

     However what we found was a very pleasant surprise. We went prepared
     with a letter in Spanish detailing his condition and the impact of
     contamination of any food he ate. The hotel (Del Clos, El Tartare)
     could not have been more helpful. They cooked a special meal for him
     every morning and evening, and used fresh oil any time they gave him
     chips.

     Perhaps him being so young brought out the best in people, as no one
     would want to harm a child. Certainly he did not have a single
     reaction to anythinhe was given in the week.

     But I thought you'd like to know of the experience anyway. Maybe it's
     just worth a try giving lots of advance notice to the hotel.

     Donal Dunne (Waterford, Ireland)