RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 00:47:13 +0100
Hi Axel,

Axel Makaroff schrieb:
> Liza May wrote:
>
> >>  You mention food combining and cooked food. Food combining has absolutely
> >>  zero basis in human physiology. People have claimed that it helps them,
> but
> >>  I think this is because they're eating less, or eating better foods, or
> >>  making other concomitant dietary or psychological changes which are
> >>  helpful. ANHS has come out with a statement that there is no evidence to
> >>  support any theories of food combining.
>
> axel:
>
> i can say how food combining relates to MY belly everytime i follow the
> rules or i break them. for example: if i eat avos or nuts or seeds with
> sweet fruit, i have gas afterwards. if i eat avos nuts or seeds with
> cucumbers and/or green leafy  vegetables or tomatoes, no gas. this is
> "scientific proof", in my book. because i have eaten the wrong combination
> many times, and the right combination many times also, and always get the
> same result.
>
> same thing if i eat starches with sweet fruit. always gas. no exceptions.
>
> so food combining has some basis at least in my physiology ;)
>
> some people report that they benefit from food combining,
>  i do not see what is wrong about food combining. you can still eat cooked
> food, RAF, etc.
>

> does anybody really know why the ANHS no longer promotes food combining? i
> read that maybe to attract more people to healthy eating, but this seems
> too superficial a reason, IMHO, considering that there is at least
> something to food combining. it might not be a life or death issue, but it
> is not non-existent either.

Personally I couldn't give a damn about either the American NHS or
my own (German) equivalent. I am in a breakaway and still
"fundamentalist" group which even steers away in some cases from
fundamentalist NH "thinking" (which is often all it was).

Correct food combining has been proven to be effective for
reducing weight millions of times. Even the dubious attempts of
the Diamonds to explain it were mega-successful..because it
worked. What they claimed..and what was really true..is that
the body can spend up to 70% of its available energy on
digestion, leaving little else for living and...EXCRETING.
The body only fills its fat cells with fat when it is
confronted with a starving situation and then not..and when
it can not get rid of useless materials or toxins due to a
mere lack of energy. So they claim that mixing carbos with
protein is wrong. What are they talking about? Meat (even
cooked) and refined flours and sugars) Leave out either the
one or the other and you certainly have less problems..
leave out them both and you get to the vegetarian level.
A vegetarian only has a problem with mixing fruit with
carbohydrates in non-recommended veggies such as those
which contain starch (potatoes and grains..which are
not recommended, for other reasons..anyway). So in
actual fact the whole problem of combining is eliminated.
PS...I still eat fruits alone (for breakfast) just in
case. ;-)

Alan