RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 19:18:05 -1000
Alan:
>Seeing as we are here to exchange information rather than petty
>prods and insults, I miss your references to reports which
>shoot any of those reports I mentioned down in flames, or
>which proove that the benefits of cow's milk far outweigh the
>disadvantages (although anything with a disadvantage, including
>medical drugs, is not worth eating).

You made the opposite claim and the burden of proof is yours, Alan.

>I missed your reference
>that fasting for two weeks would be detrimental to anyone
>(other than of course the obvious such as the starving or those
>afflicted with metabolic diseases such as diabetes etc.).

You made the opposite claim and the burden of proof is yours, Alan.
Nevertheless, I enjoy that you are adding some qualifiers to your overboard
generalizations. Not enough, but it is a start. ;)

>missed your references to research which shows that cooked
>veggies or cooked or raw meat is also essential in the diet
>and which gives plausible reasons.

When did I claim this?  And what discussion is this from? _You_ claim that
animal foods are detrimental to health and the burden of proof is on you.

>I am perfectly able to deal with any criticism..and certainly
>don't run away from it or, like yourself, criticize without
>providing a counterargument.

How many times do I have to say this? You make gross overgeneralizations
and the burden of proof is on you. The "counteragruments" to your
always-true-for-all-people statements are almost a joke. How about, for
instance, _I_ do better with animal foods; my wife does better with animal
foods; my 14 month daughter does _great_ with animal foods. Prove me wrong.
;) All it takes is one instance to prove your inane over-generalizations
wrong. Stop making them and you'll hear a lot less from me.

>The only person regularly attempting
>to disprove (or at least weaken) my claims in here in a sensible
>and profiting manner is Jean-Louis.

Yes, he does a delighful job of showing your lack of logic. He really is
something special and contribues greatly to the list.

>I have nothing against
>agreement either..but if there is disagreement then the person
>disagreeing should at least throw out something tangible as a
>counterargument.

Heaps of tangible and specific counter argument has been thrown out by
Jean-Loius and you simple duck and weave. Indeed, you very rarely deal with
the gist of any criticism.

>> Cheers,
>
>Anyone who is not English or Australian and uses the word "cheers"
>is usually toasting with an alcoholic beverage. ;-)

Sheesh but you enjoy the nationality racism. I picked up "cheers" while
living in New Zealand. Does that count?

>Seeing as we are here to exchange information rather than petty
>prods and insults,

Yeah, I forgot....  ;)

Cheers,
Kirt