RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 13:22:11 -1000
axel:
>viruses are not beings or living entities! it is
>impossible that they DO something, for the same reason it is impossible that
>chairs or rocks DO something to somebody, like "the chair hurted me", or
>"the rock attacked me", or "a tiny piece of dead tissue hurted me".
>how can dead pieces of matter get out of control? do chairs get out of
>control?

You have never appeared more ignorant, axel. Viruses are bits of genetic
code with a delivery system. Cells have receptor sites to usher them into
the cell. They do all sorts of things in all sorts of plants and animals.
Even in some microbes which aren't properly plants OR animals. Viruses are
not properly living OR dead, but they are a helluva lot different than a
rock.

You appear to have read some essay on viruses being a hoax and conclude
that that is all there is to it. It, of course, can not be all there is to
it.

>i am not very knowledgeable on health matters, but i do have my common
>sense, and do not need to be a rocket scientist to see that this is twenty
>century superstition. it does not matter what sort of high-tech or very
>scholar explanation the scientist use, it is still a piece of matter .

I am a piece of matter as well, axel. And I could easily kill you. Is that
rocket science? ;)

If you would care to introduce a cocktail of "dangerous" viruses into your
blood, you could test your theory. Or perhaps a smidgen of botulism, which
is, after all, just "matter". You might get some surprising results of a
very unsuperstitious nature. ;) Reprting your results might be problematic,
though. ;)

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft