RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:35:01 -1000
Alan:
>You are getting tiresome...and as I have only 5 mails per day
>on this echo I will reply in future to those who supply something
>tangible and perhaps useful rather than someone who obviously has
>nothing better to do with his/her spare time than complain about
>all and sundry without any counterarguments.

Interesting you should say that...

>You give the impression
>that you have some sort of (health?) problem and are rather
>frustrated.

As far as I know, I am in very good health. Frustrated? Yeah, you got that
right. You jump up and say all sorts of nothing and act like you have a
corner on it--yeah, that's frustrating in it's way.

>As to the numerous research papers on milk (at least
>those which were not funded by the milk industry) I would need
>hours to name them all (try the Diamonds for starters as this is
>neither a new nor unknown subject and there are plenty of quotes
>even in there to keep you satisfied for a few weeks).

The Diamonds, as in "Fit For Life"? Sheesh, Alan, I thought you had more up
your sleeve than this. ;) I did, in fact look into for FFL I & II's
reference list (many many years ago) and was shocked at how stupid they
both were. TC Fry's egoshine course on Health isn't exactly a
"reference"--neither are Ann Wigmore's pronouncements. But you are right
that it only took a few weeks--to see that they had cherry-picked (and
mostly from bogus sources!) their whole reference section.

You might be interested to know that the Daimond's have divorced. Harvey's
picture on his new "TC Fry" website looks like the standard brand
fruitarian emancipation poster child; and that axel (was it axel?) claims
Havrey ate meat and found it useful (or something like that).

Truth in advertising: I got into alternative diets via FFL. :/

>If you want
>a few German papers...I can quote them as well.

A few German papers, eh? Sorry, I can't appreciate the German language,
though I hear it has such outstanding nouns that they need no adjectives,
and for that I am very impressed. What you need to impress me logic-wise is
any study that says raw vegans are actually healthier than those eating
junk. I already agree that fruits and veggies are healthy components of the
diet so don't bother with that...

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft