RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Micaela Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 21:27:50 -0800
Liza May wrote:

> d to prevent infection, etc?
>
> <Also, how do you make it not hurt?  I'm thinking whiskey. Just
* kidding.>

Roberta responded

acupuncture is great for pain control.  Acupressure is #2 alternative.

Micaela added

Meditation and deep breathing work well.  I have had fillings put in and
minor surgery without local anesthetics or novocaine for pain simply by
getting into a meditative state and breathing slowly and deeply.
Aajonous has some interesting food cures for pain in his book.  One of the
more promising too me looks like a mixture of raw milk(7 or 8 oz), bee
pollen(2 oz) and honey(1 or 2 Tablespoons).  Drink 2 to 4 oz immediately
followed with sips every 20 minutes until pain subsides.  Another suggestion
for tooth pain is to alternate between a combination of 1/2 cup raw ground
beef mixed with butter and honey.  Followed 2 hours later with a banana.
Other foods recommended for tooth pain specifically are raw milk with bee
pollen, raw fish, no-salt added raw cheese.  I have instinctively grabbed
raw honey butter with banana when I have had sore throats and that has
helped.