RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Irene King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:42:38 PST
>From:         Janis Callen Bell <[log in to unmask]>

>At 13:00 11/13/98 +0100, Jean Louis  wrote:
>
>>I am not against raw food, I am against black-and-white thinking. A
>>potato is not "raw or cooked". It can be raw, boiled 4 minutes, boiled
>>20 minutes, baked, fried, mashed, salted. It can be in the form of
>>potato chips. A diet is not "raw or cooked". It can be 100% raw, 90%,
>>70%, 50%, 10%, 0%.
>
>Thanks Jean-Louis for your balanced and realistic approach.  Our
purpose is
>to share information, not try to proselytize one position or another,
or
>belittle those who disagree.  It's great to look critically at studies
and
>to experiment with our own bodies, always remembering that we are
unique and
>that even the studies are only dealing with a small number of
individuals
>and cannot control all the variables that determine good health.
>
>Janis Bell

Exactly!!  Case in point that I just did this weekend.  I LOVE collards.
But if I eat them raw, then I'm "stove-up", cramped, and gassy for days.
Lightly cooked, I can eat them by the boatload.  Six months ago I was a
raw foodist in every sense of the word.  Now, I'm much MUCH more mellow,
primarily because I've listened to and worked with my own body's
(more than just salad, fruit and occasional egg) I had to start cooking
some things again.

Irene