RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 07:22:06 -0700
I've stayed out of the back and forth comments about NFL, but I need to
put my 2 cents into the issue. I have nothing wrong with thinking that
cooked foods can be addicting. Anything that the body can not use to
maintain life is a stimulant and all stimulants, including too much
fruit, are addicting if one has an addictive personality. The craving
for stimulants is physiological and cannot be overcome by will power. A
campaign to prohibit cooked food or fruit is a waste of time and to
degrade people who may be addiction prone, whether cooked foood eaters
or fruit eaters, is offensive. It's like prohibiton. It doesn't work. I
have lost friends because of my enthusiasm for raw food, and also
because of my enthusiasm for recovering from addictions. What is sad is
that I lost the chance to be of help because of my wanting to help too
much. So I would like to think I can put my opinion forth, and if people
are interested, fine. If they are not, then live and let live. Everyone
has a right to their own path.

My best, Ellie