From:
Steven Walley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 00:11:22 -0800
Doug,

You didn't say if you used FDISK or not.

If not, try first using FDISK to remove all partitions
from the hard disk.

Then run FDISK again. Choose do NOT set up large hard drive
support. This will set up the hard disk to use FAT 16 rather
than FAT 32.

Then set up your partition(s) and format the hard drive.
The hard disk should now format with FAT16 rather than FAT32.

Steven Walley

At 08:02 PM 1/15/99 -0800, you wrote:
>        I have a machine that has been running WIN98 with FAT32
compression.  I
>have had nothing but problems with 98 so I wiped the hard drive clean and
>am in the process of trying to put WIN95 on.
>
>        However the FAT32 format seems to have survived the re-format and
WIN95
>won't load.
>
>        Is there any way of undoing this FAT32 compression so I can setup the
>older OS?
>
>        Thanks.........

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]