From:
Jeff McConnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:35:35 -0600

You can find motherboard monitor at
http://www.euronet.nl/users/darkside/mbmonitor/.  It only works with certain
chipsets (I have an Abit BH6).  Follow to compatibility link to see if your
motherboard is supported.  If it isn't, go to the link page and you might be
able to find an alternative program.

> Why do you prefer the Enlight?  I will be buying a new case
> soon, and had
> narrowed my list to these two mini-towers.

I actually made a mistake in my post, my case model is a 72333C - the
mid-tower model.  I already listed two reasons I like this case:  it looks
really nice and the slide-out drive bays.  Other nice things include good
airflow inside the case, room for an extra fan in front (unfortunately not
in back, but the InWin mid-tower doesn't have this either), sturdy
construction, and the price is right (I picked mine up with the 250W power
supply for $69 locally - I'm sure you can mail-order it for less).

The drive bay arrangement is nice, there are 4 - 5.25" external bays, 2 -
3.5" external bays, and 1 - 3.5" internal bay (2 would have been nicer).  I
do wish it had removable side panels instead of the one piece cover, but the
way the front bezel snaps on to cover the case screws is a nice alternative.
You should really look at the technical drawings at
http://www.enlightcorp.com to see what I mean.

The only case I've seen lately that I like better without going to a
full-tower case is from Logical Source at http://www.0110.com/, the model
QX4000.  It is the same case UMAX uses for it's workstations.  It is pricey
at about $140 with 250W power supply, but it also has a built-in floppy
drive that is integrated into the case, a door that covers the extra bays,
and it looks really nice.  I have no personal experience with this case,
though.

Jeff McConnell

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>