NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Carper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 18:32:24 -0500
Hi, everyone.  I'm posting the following message here in the
hope that Michele can get some useful info for an article that
has the potential to be very influential.

If you have something to contribute, please send it
directly to her, not to me. Thanks.

Steve Carper

The magazine USA Weekend has asked me to write an
article on the grass-roots campaign for better, more
detailed product/food-labeling, to help consumers (particularly
allergy sufferers and those with intolerances) choose the products
that best work for them.

If you have a real-life anecdote or thought on the need for
better labeling (for example, a severe allergic reaction due to the
fact that you weren't aware of how much lactose or allergen
was in a certain food), please pass it along, with your name, age,
where you live, etc.

Any other information on this campaign (organizations, names of
physicians/nutritionists or individuals), would be most appreciated.

Michele Chabin, Journalist
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel/Fax: 972-2-566-0355 (that's in Israel; pls. send things only
until 4 pm East Coast time).