CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Sandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 07:42:35 -0600

My wedding cake was a cheesecake. (It was a small wedding.) When I was
diagnosed with diabetes, my dietician asked what my favorite dessert was
and I answered ice cream. She told me that I could have 1 scoop of vanilla
every two weeks (because of the fat, not the sugar!) I laughed and asked
what her response would have been if I had said cheesecake. "Once a year."
So there you have it! You could get a layered wedding cake with traditional
cake layers for all but one and a cheesecake layer for the two of you. Now
all you have to do is figure out a gluten-free cheesecake recipe (which
sounds easier than a gf regular cake...) Shucks, I've been known to drink
diet ginger ale from champagne glasses, just because it makes me feel
special. Make sure both of you feel special and not deprived on this very
special day!

Pat