RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 10:55:06 -0800 (PST)
Hi Sandy,

>Sandy wrote:

><header deleted>
>usually make me feel (a paralyzed stomach is what I imagine
>the authors of Nature's First Law would say and I bet they
>have a point. BTW, I enjoyed the passion of their book
>and learned a new thing or two. The style is certainly
>not for everyone but would be just what some folks needed,
>maybe younger ones. My son, who is 21 and a vegetarian
>told me once recently in one of our many talks, that the
>EarthSave way is just too gentle and that if he were not
>already a veg, he'd need a real "in your face" kind of
>approach. With that in mind, I tried to get him to read
>Nature's First Law as I'd love him to eat more raw but
>wouldn't. Maybe some day. ).

If you don't mind my asking, doesn't it concern you that your
son will read a book, based on your recommendation, that claims
raw food cures/prevents AIDS?

>Your idea is good - I'd be willing to post an opinion and a mini-
>review of Price's book but a truly serious review sounds like
>a whole lot of work and I've got too much of that already!

More than your review of Price's book, I would really
be interested in your review of NFL. Since the authors won't answer
my questions, whereas you appear to be promoting their book to this
list and to your family:

(1) What are the authors academic/research credentials?
(2) What is their raw food background?
    How many years have they been raw foodists?
    What are their *specific* claims in the book about
    this impact on themselves.
(3) Do you feel that they are giving sound dietary advice?
(4) Do they contribute anything original, or is the book
simply a collage of trite preachings on raw benefits?
    - and what are these contributions?
(5) What are the book's merits, other than the "in your face"
approach?
(6) Do you feel they trivialize dietary aspects of raw food,
or do you feel comfortable with your son following their
dietary preachings?
(7) Are you comfortable with people who belittle "judeo-
christians", "neo-pagans" and "instinctos" in their e-mail
postings?
Would you like to see these guys on Oprah representing
raw foodists world wide?
Would you like these guys running for political office?

You say that "their style is not for everyone". Whom is
this style for? (people without faculties of independent
thinking and analysis, who do well under propaganda
and intimidation?)

Respectfully yours,

Roy