RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:00:39 -0400
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Liza May wrote:

> I'm surprised - I thought I recalled you saying that he was doing
> great on Atkins - lost a lot of weight, and was feeling good. Am I
> remembering wrong?

I wrote a letter about his switch to the zone diet. you must have
missed
that one. He did lose about 7 lbs in the beginning but then stopped,
and
he wasn't enjoying his food anymore, looked very ruddy in the face,
and
worn out all the time and VERY constipated. He just got tired or
eating
meat and he's not a raw meat person. He went to his doctor for a
checkup
and advice, and he said he thought he wouldn't lose any more, that
it's
matter of shape not weight, so he simply needs to exercise more and in
the
right way.

> Well THAT sure was fun to read! Boy, I'm glad to see how much you
> like the yogurt. I can CERTAINLY relate - I still can't get enough
> of it. It is SO good! Have you tried any of their other products?
> We've tried the kefir, and several of the cheeses, and we like them
> alright. But NOTHING compares to that creamy luscious yogurt.

it's unbelievable. never tasted yoghurt this GOOOD. we've tried almost
everything. the hard cheeses (emmenthaler and swiss) are interesting
(I
prefer the swiss), quite delicious grated over steamed broccoli with
oil
and lemon, or chopped into cubes in a salad. I prefer  the soft
cheese. it's delicious! on a celery stick. In the beginning I feel I
had a
detox reaction to all these raw goat products. they definitly affect
my
digestive process. and I just crave the milk.

> I'm a dancer, too - a fake one, though. What kind of dancing do you
> do?

a fake one? what is that? I do very experimental stuff, nothing very
classic or highly trained. I'm rather personal and intuitive in my
style.
I just had a little piece in a concert, it's described on my website
if
you're interested http://lrw.net/~lucia/dance

> And why do you suppose you have arthritic pain? (Why do you call
> it arthritic? Could it just be overuse, from dancing?)

I feel it's arthritic because it happens after very little use.  it's
around my joints, like between the ball of my foot and the big toe
where
alot of weight is supported when I try to jump, and sometimes in my
fingers when I grasp something strongly. I didn't use to have these
pains.
I used to be able to jump around for hours without feeling a thing.

-lucia