RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John & Ester Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 05:54:41 -0600
I have typically felt wonderful when starting Atkins, but usually end
up
switching back to vegetarian again when too much meat gets to me.  I
think the important thing with Atkins is to include lots of
vegetables,
particularly raw veg to keep the body from becoming too acid.  The
other
thing for myself is that too much meat causes my circulation to die,
and
I get leg pains.  I struggle with candida, so the low carbohydrate
helps
control this, and makes me feel better.  I think we need to do any
meats
in moderation, to keep the high acid and fat levels from hurting us in
other areas.  That's just our experience.  Best wishes!  Ester