RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:53:38 -0500
If I'm remembering correctly, there are some who've posted to the
list about their own or other people's struggles with this disease,
so I thought the following might be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is struggling
to repair its relations with Congress in the wake of disclosures
that nearly $13 million allocated by legislators to chronic fatigue
syndrome was diverted to other CDC programs and unknown purposes.
CDC officials then magnified the miscalculation by misleading
Congress about it. The agency has apologized, vowed to restore the
missing funding by raiding other programs, and shuffled personnel.
It has also revamped its study of chronic fatigue syndrome to
include research on its prevalence and a new strategy for
identifying its cause by comparing gene expression patterns in
people with and without the disease.

Enserink, M. 2000. CDC struggles to recover from debacle over
earmark. Science 287(5450):22-23.
--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)