RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 14:13:06 +0200
Jean-Louis wrote:
>different, but I see no evidence that meat was eaten as sparingly as
>now recommended by G. C. Burger and politically correct instinctos.
>
>Concerning the possible addictive character of cooked foods (let's say
>of cooked meat). Here, we shall say that a food is addictive if:
>
> 1. It produces a compulsive need.
> 2. The amount that one tends to eat is usually too large.
> 3. Physiological symptoms are observed upon withdrawal (but disappear
>after a while).

Don't count me as an "politically correct" instincto. I've abandoned
most rules by now and follow my instincts and the experiences I make,
e.g. with bad food combinations.

And to remind you of one thing:
Mr. Burger did not say that people should exclude meat for "certain"
weeks. He said that one should be careful with meat from domesticated
animals because it tends to be overeaten. That is very different from
claiming the same for all kinds of meat including game meat!

My original point was that Zephyr's eating behavior of eating hawaiian
fish every week in huge amounts is not instinctive IMO. Looking to
your
above cited list of an addictive food I find all three points to be
true in Zephyr's case:

- he had a big need for tuna, couldn't be without it
- he ate unusual large amounts of it (5 pounds per week and more)
- he couldn't be without it and had withdrawal symptoms if he tried
  to be one week without it.

If you don't believe that, dig up his original posts.
I still stick to my claim that instinctive eating means variety,
not hanging on one food for years. And BTW I'm neither a lion nor
a cow. :-)

Variable instinctive greetings,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]