RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 06:30:55 -0700
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>:
>I appreciate the problem, and of course I recognize that the owner of a
>list can enact whatever rules he or she wishes.  Still, I like the
>unmoderated approach for a number of reasons, one of the main ones being
>that I trust the ability of people to recognize fanaticism and hatred when
>they see it.

Tom:
I too believe that, in the long run, most people can recognize the
fanatics
for what they are. The problem is that a steady diet of the hatred
that
the fanatics promote, will drive people away or intimidate them so
they
don't join in the discussions. Even though NFL was soundly defeated
(in every way) back in the big debate here (Nov 96 - Jan 97), their
hatred still poisoned the list (people left the list because of the
atmosphere). Even after they left, a number of their lackeys tried to
continue to poison the list with NFL's brand of hate.

Tom Billings