RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:20:34 +0100
Alan:

> And on the subject of meat protein, perhaps the following may
> interest you. I am certainly not an avid fan of Nutrition News
> Focus (they often purport rubbish) but this article merely describes
> recent research findings:
>
> March 19, 1999
> NUTRITION NEWS FOCUS
>
> (...)
>
> The 76 people in this study were given diets high in fruits,
> vegetables, and essential amino acid supplements, but low in meat,
> fish, poultry, cheese and milk.

I note that the diet was "low" in meat and dairy (and was supplemented
in aminos). I have no objections against "low" animal food diets, I
think that eating 3-5% animal food like chimpanzees can be enough to
prevent deficiencies (like B12 deficiency), but if I had to eat that
way, I would probably cook more (I don't want to lose weight).

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>