RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 21:10:14 GMT
>David:
>, I don't want to ban folks from being involved
>simply because of their dietary choices. Who knows, we may have a
>40+ year strict breath-only consumer sign-up someday (well, nobody
>has fessed up publicly on the list to this yet) who will tell us
>how s(he) did it, and offer some proof along to settle the score. (-:

Lynton:
Oh, sure: I didn't explain it well enough.
I meant that the welcome message give fair warning about a sensible approach
_because_ some people might express extreme views; to point out what would
normally be seen as extreme.
I mean, if I came up with the 'peanut butter' diet and said that all would
benefit, the average person would be expected to react "and what have we got
here...?" whereas a newcomer, wanting to find out about raw food might get
the wrong idea, not only about the list but what is good for them.

There is a person who I meet from time to time who is just skin and bone,
she insists on eating fruit (lunch might be an apple or so).  I do my best,
but she is convinced.  If she were to join the list she could have her ideas
confirmed by the odd zealot without pre-warning.

I did  not mean that people should be limited in what they could say
diet-wise any more than at present.