RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:52:59 -0600
>However, there was no need to list me with people who may have been
>accused of having an agenda.  Any hostility I encounter here seems
>only because my primary question (yeah, but what about the 'quality'?)
>tends to knock the props out from under the variety of dogma that
>currently dominates *this* roost.

Rex, we all owe you a great deal for your generous sharing of your
knowledge about the importance of eating quality, high brix foods.
Where you part ways with some of us is when you imply that long term
macronutrient imbalances can be overcome by optimizing the level of
micronutrients through the consumption of high quality, high brix
foods. I doubt you would make this argument in regards to a cow or a
lion, so I am curious if not what you are saying is that you believe
that humans are ecletic omnivores who can thrive on a great range of
diets so long as the foods eaten are of a high brix quality? If this is
your position are there any diets that you would regard as exceptions
to this rule (such as an all snail and spinach diet or an all leaf and
organ diet) and if yes, what criteria these evaluations are based on.

Best, Peter