RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 17:34:15 +0100
Hi (again) Gerry,

Gerry Coffey schrieb:
> In a message dated 3/11/99 8:09:22 PM Central Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> <<
>  I must admit that I have gotten to the point of just deleting Alan's replies
>  to this forum, without even the least bit of curiosity to see what he has to
>  say.
>
>  Cheers.
>
>  Kate
>
> --Dear Kate:
>
> I hope Alan doesn't take what you said to heart as much would be the loss to
> all of us. He's brought much knowledge and wisdom to the list.

Thank's for the flowers. :-)

>  Alan responded,
>  > I don't quite know what you are getting at..as I have never yet
>  > addressed cooked meat as a cause of cancer at all in this list.
>  > A holiday in the Bahamas to anybody in here who can prove that
>  > I did.
>
> --I think he and Liza have just misinterpreted a few things said by each other
> since tone of voice, inflexion and cultural meanings often relay subtle
> nuances that don't come across well in print.

It would appear so, and I have since apologized.

> Be fair Liza. If I stated that women tend to get more
>  > overemotional and distort facts (which you have proven here) you
>  > would probably call me sexist (I'd bet my bottom dollar that
>  > Kirt is also a woman BTW). ;-)
>
> --The above case is a good example, I think, of Alan using humor and Liza,
> perhaps, took him seriously.

You appear to be the only person with a sense of humour. ;-)

>  P.S. I too believe that he owes Lisa an apology for the cooked meat remark.
>  Actually I think he owes all of the women an apology for his remarks.
>  Perhaps he should consider a cooling off period before posting.
>   >>
I love women and would never purposely try to tread on their toes. In
fact the many remarks on male dominance in here by women is probably
more sexist than anything I have said. As to being emotional, well
if I say that true Africans are allergic to milk and get an answer
along the lines that I also have African, Chinese and goodness knows
what other blood in my veins and ought to look all this up before I
start making such remarks then what else am I to think.

> --As long as neither one goes away mad and/or stops contributing, because then
> we would all lose.

You are of course right there, but with a wife and two daughters, one
niece and and two sisters, I have a pretty tough hide. ;-)

Best regards,

Alan