RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 19:30:27 -0500
Hi Lance!

Welcome to a great list. (Haven't we met before on another raw list? Your
name sounds familiar ...)

> I am new to this list.  I'm hearing a lot of slamming and disrespect on this
> list towards people with different diets.

That doesn't usually happen here, at least I haven't seen it since I've
been a member. But every now and then someone new joins, with an agenda to
convert or convince other people of the "rightness" of their personal
opinions on diet; or to try to pose as an expert (in a field that is
exceedingly complex and not at all understood even by people who's life's
work is the research and study of human biochemistry and food metabolism).
Such posters make themselves look a little foolish.

But mostly you'll find some great discussions, honest questions, musings,
sharing of information, and help and support for the efforts to think
rationally about food and eating.

> Even the below sexist comment.  Is
> this common?  I really don't think I want this type of discourse in my
> "language diet."

Thanks! Your comment is much appreciated (by me especially, since it was
directed at me, but I'm sure by loads of other people who were offended as
well).

No, it's not common here on this list. And no, I agree, I don't want this
kind of talk on my plate, either!

Love Liza
--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)