RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 21:33:21 -0500
Carol, good question!  I think its the latter.  I agree that cooking damages
food, however, I am not cooking foods I would normally eat raw (such as
tomatoes, fruit or salad veggies).  There are certain foods (such as
brocolli, cabbage, cauliflower) that I have a really hard time digesting
raw, but when cooked I do well with.  Also, grains and beans can't really be
eaten raw, but I think that I personally do better including them in my diet
in small amounts.  I want to also say that just because this works for me,
doesn't mean that I feel that a 100% raw diet is bad or foolhardy, I just
wish that some of the 100%ers would be a bit more understanding of some of
our choices to not go 100%.  I have FINALLY stopped having constant
diarrhea.....its been nice not to lunge towards the bathroom every 15
minutes, LOL!  :)  Peace, Jen aka Kashmir3