RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 22:59:43 +0100
Hi Thomas,

Thomas E. Billings wrote:

> Alan:
> >are the strongest creatures with the heaviest bones on this earth
> >(elephants, buffalo, gorillas) strict vegetarians?
>
> Tom:
> One species of whale eats eat giant squid (Sperm or blue whale?). I suspect
> they have large bones. Don't forget the carnivorous killer whale, also.

Comparing apples and pears would probably make better sense than
comparing land-based humans (or even elephants etc.) with aquatic
mammals which have no access to plants (other than algae).

> Prehistoric bears and lions were carnivores and larger than buffalo and
> gorillas of today. (Polar bears are carnivores and outweigh gorillas.)

So we are more related to bears?

> Lastly, gorillas are not strict vegetarians. Lowland gorillas consume
> large amounts of insects, mountain gorillas consume smaller amounts.

I never ever said that they are strict vegetarians. Even buffaloes
(as with elephants and humans) must be able to deal with any insects
they may mistakenly eat. The point is simply that meat and dairy
(after weaning off) are not needed to grow strong bones and muscles.

As I have not yet heard them yet..what are your arguments for the
NECESSITY of also consuming meat?

Alan