RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 22:20:10 +0100
Hi Liza,

> Thank you, I appreciate your saying this. These discussions about hunting
> and killing always include an un-aware and implicit put-down of the
> millions of people world-wide for whom killing their food is just part of
> their culture, and always has been. It is VERY small-minded to ignore most
> of the world's population, and what they know, when it comes to this issue.
>
> >  -Not all people who don't kill animals are peaceful (Hitler was
> > vegetarian). It is possible to kill animals for food and be peaceful
> > towards other humans.
>
> And thanks again for this. So Hitler was a vegetarian, huh? Didn't know
> that. That is an interesting, and rather weird, bit of useful trivia. I'll
> definately keep that one in my hat, next time this sort of discussion
> presents itself.

If Jean-Louis or yourself are implying that the atrocities ordered by
by Hitler had anything to do with vegetarian, one could just as well
point out that the majority of U.S. Americans (who are meat eaters) still
sanction the gassing of people in gas chambers..or electric
chairs, or lethal injections etc.. Just because I as an Englishman
happen to live in Germany, does not automatically mean that I in
some way sanction what Hitler did. No way! The fact remains,
however, that most of the Germans alive today were not alive then,
still eat a lot of meat, totally reject the death penalty and totally
reject any armed intervention in foreign countries. So let us stop
these stupid and idiotic and "politically incorrect" arguments about
possible connections between certain diets and the personal actions
of a few loonies and get back to the health aspects.

Alan