RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Rzetelny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:06:01 EST
In a message dated 3/2/99 11:02:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Calcium, zinc may be deficient. Protein may be deficient on ~100%
 fruit diets. (In my opinion, the anti-protein fanatics who claim protein
 is harmful, are probably getting their protein via binge-eating.)
 Calories may be inadequate (look at the emaciated fruitarians).
 Some fruitarians may have PEM: protein-energy malnutrition. However,
 due to the mental "buzz" of fruitarianism (zinc deficiency),
 they don't mind until things get very serious...

 Fruitarian diets may also have excessive levels of sugar, for a
 person's genetic level of insulin resistance. This may explain
 the diabetes-like symptoms displayed by many fruitarians: urinating
 every 5-10 minutes, pains in joints, intermittent blurred vision, >>

Tom-
I'm a vegan raw foodist for 4 years.I've been eating a large proportion of
fruit. Although I was able to lose a lot of symptoms on this diet, I feel that
I am deficient in a lot of nutrients as a result of it. Will eating a lot of
greens or green juices restore the calcium and minerals? Is that enough? Would
you mind explaining what you did  to get yourself back into a well nourished
state?
Thanks
Love
Sandy