RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ben Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:45:15 -0700
Liza wrote:
>:D  Heh heh ... A funny and wonderful solution to a problem. I use the same
>trick in my house, actually - I keep and eat such "weird" stuff, according
>to some of my kids' tastes, that all they do is take it out of the
>refrigerator ocasionally, just for the amusement of staring at it in
>horror, or to show their friends and say "eeeewwwww - grrrossss" and make
>lots of crude sounds.

Hehe -- that's funny.  I can just imagine that.  Actually most of my
roommates steer clear of my food, with the exception of my _goat milk_ ----
some of them drank it not knowing it was raw goat milk.  Now, I mark the
bottle clearly with "UNPASTEURIZED GOAT'S MILK" and that has seemed to do
the trick.  >;-)

>You're great, Ben, and this little story is a terrific example of how to
>change people's eating habits in an entirely friendly, non-arrogant or
>presumptuous, and maybe most importantly  -- EFFECTIVE  --  way.

Well, I wish I could claim to be "great," but to be honest, as recent as a
year or so ago I was still very obnoxious towards others about how I ate.  I
tried to sell everybody I knew on the idea of raw eating.  Only recently
have I truly realized that the best thing is just to stay out of everybody's
business.  If they are curious about what you're doing, or interested in it,
they will most likely ask you.  To each his or her own.  Life tends to be a
bit more calm when I take that perspective.

>It's good to hear from you, and thanks for keeping us posted on how things
>are going there at school. I was curious to know how you were doing, and
>hoping you'd write when you got a chance.

Thanks, Liza!  Getting out of the comfort zone back home in Texas was truly
a challenge.  Full time school and work sure do seem to take quite a bit out
of me.  However, it's great to be up here making a new life again in the new
surroundings.  In fact, it's also pretty fun to be around all of the sweet
young college gals again.  (In fact I'm going on my first date since being
back here tonight!)

Warm Regards,

Ben