RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 22:42:15 -0800
received ads for 2 new books.

"The Children's Health Food Book"; no author or publisher listed.
It's a line drawing of 4 "super-hero types":

The Fruitarian Fighter   **
The Grain Crusader
The Vegan Warrior        **
The Seafood Gladiator

No other info is provided - a "deficient" ad.  :-)
The drawing looks pretty poor, too. Note the ** items, with their
implicitly violent connections. Maybe the author of this book
has been on this list, to observe first hand, the behavior of the
less mature/more extreme fruitarian/vegan types?  :-)

The other book is:
"The Perfectly Contented Meat-Eater's Guide to Vegetarianism",
subtitle: A book for those who really don't want to be hassled about
their diet.

by Mark Warren Reinhardt; Continuum books.

This book is said to be humorous.

I have not seen either book, only the ad for them. I am mentioning them in
case some here find it of interest. If anyone has these, and thinks
they are good (or awful), by all means post a brief review or even
a 2-3 sentence comment on them.

Tom Billings