RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Roy Holman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 22:22:44 EDT
Greetings raw friends,

Just a short note on the "evilness" of pumpkin seeds.  First of all, perhaps
this comment was made half in jest, but I do not see any food as inherently
"evil", or even "good" or "bad".  I think the comment shows some of the fear-
based thinking around our food choices.

Personally, I like and enjoy pumpkin seeds, eating them every other day or so.
When I was living in Guatemala, the indigenous people claimed they were very
effective in killing unwanted parasites.  They taste good to me (maybe I still
have unwanted parasites).  Anyway, perhaps each of us needs to get our own
info regarding what works for us.

Happy learning and experimenting,

Roy